Thursday, March 24, 2011

Stories


Trenton just loves it when I make up stories. And I love that he is silently listening, his little ears hanging on every word that I speak. I can't say these stories are amazing, or world changing, but he does love them. And the best part is making him the star character. I mean...who doesn't want to be the star of the story? And as we ramble along the plot line I let Trenton throw in some idea's about where the story goes. Current theme: Trenton and his dog Pluto (who is very much like Kelso). I sometimes find myself at night, exhausted and eager to tuck him in quickly, and get on to my own list of things. But every time I seize the opportunity I am truly thankful for all the precious moments I have been given. (I hope to remember that the next time I ask him to do something and he looks at me and defiantly and says no). Ah...all the joys of parenting.

No comments: